New York News
2 arrested after police chase, shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City police have arrested two men after a chase and shootout in Brooklyn.
Police have arrested 20-year old Joseph Padilla. He's accused of opening fire as they chased him across Linden Boulevard.
The shooting happened at 3:00 a.m. Saturday after the responding officers discovered a robbery victim with a gunshot wound on the street.
Police say the officers spotted Padilla running away from the scene. As they chased him, he turned and shot at them. They returned fire and hit him in the right leg.
A second suspect, who police say was present for the original shooting, is also facing charges. He's identified as 21-year-old Corey Mazyck of the Bronx.
The victim is in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Police investiate possible bias attack on Broadway
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One 59 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department