New York News
2 arrested after police chase, shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City police have arrested two men after a chase and shootout in Brooklyn.
Police have arrested 20-year old Joseph Padilla. He's accused of opening fire as they chased him across Linden Boulevard.
The shooting happened at 3:00 a.m. Saturday after the responding officers discovered a robbery victim with a gunshot wound on the street.
Police say the officers spotted Padilla running away from the scene. As they chased him, he turned and shot at them. They returned fire and hit him in the right leg.
A second suspect, who police say was present for the original shooting, is also facing charges. He's identified as 21-year-old Corey Mazyck of the Bronx.
The victim is in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall