New York News
2 arrested after police chase, shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City police have arrested two men after a chase and shootout in Brooklyn.
Police have arrested 20-year old Joseph Padilla. He's accused of opening fire as they chased him across Linden Boulevard.
The shooting happened at 3:00 a.m. Saturday after the responding officers discovered a robbery victim with a gunshot wound on the street.
Police say the officers spotted Padilla running away from the scene. As they chased him, he turned and shot at them. They returned fire and hit him in the right leg.
A second suspect, who police say was present for the original shooting, is also facing charges. He's identified as 21-year-old Corey Mazyck of the Bronx.
The victim is in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 32 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 56 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 19 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 29 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 2 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 52 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
19 min ago