New York News
2 arrested after police chase, shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City police have arrested two men after a chase and shootout in Brooklyn.
Police have arrested 20-year old Joseph Padilla. He's accused of opening fire as they chased him across Linden Boulevard.
The shooting happened at 3:00 a.m. Saturday after the responding officers discovered a robbery victim with a gunshot wound on the street.
Police say the officers spotted Padilla running away from the scene. As they chased him, he turned and shot at them. They returned fire and hit him in the right leg.
A second suspect, who police say was present for the original shooting, is also facing charges. He's identified as 21-year-old Corey Mazyck of the Bronx.
The victim is in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos