New York News
Flames, smoke engulf Brooklyn diner
BROOKLYN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Firefighters battled a smoky fire Saturday evening at a diner in Brooklyn.
The fire broke out at 6:30 p.m. at the Park Plaza Diner on Cadman Plaza in the Brooklyn Heights section.
The kitchen staff says they were getting ready for a catering job when the fire began.
When firefighters arrived, there was heavy smoke coming from the roof.
The diner was evacuated until the fire was brought under control.
One firefighter was hurt battling the smoke and flames, that spread through the ventilation to the roof.
Investigators determined that the fire was sparked by grease coming from a duct inside the diner.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brooklyn heights, fire, new york news
- Jersey City water main break repaired 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 45 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 1 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos