New York News
Woman's body found in attic of Queens home
NEW YORK -- A woman's stabbed body has been found in the attic of a Queens home where a man killed himself just over two weeks ago.
Police said a call came in around 11:40 a.m. Saturday about an odor at 97-26 Van Wyck Expressway. When authorities arrived, they discovered the body in a box in the attic.
The remains were sent to the medical examiner's office. Office spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said the woman's death was a homicide, and that she died from stab wounds to the torso and neck. No identification has been released.
On July 20, the body of Devendra Autar was discovered by a relative at the home. Borakove said his death was a suicide and that the 32-year-old had hanged himself.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, suicide, stabbing, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers 51 min ago
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 27 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos