New York News
Woman's body found in attic of Queens home
NEW YORK -- A woman's stabbed body has been found in the attic of a Queens home where a man killed himself just over two weeks ago.
Police said a call came in around 11:40 a.m. Saturday about an odor at 97-26 Van Wyck Expressway. When authorities arrived, they discovered the body in a box in the attic.
The remains were sent to the medical examiner's office. Office spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said the woman's death was a homicide, and that she died from stab wounds to the torso and neck. No identification has been released.
On July 20, the body of Devendra Autar was discovered by a relative at the home. Borakove said his death was a suicide and that the 32-year-old had hanged himself.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, suicide, stabbing, new york news
- At least 1 dead, 15 hurt in East Harlem explosion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 13 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25