New York News
Woman's body found in attic of Queens home
NEW YORK -- A woman's stabbed body has been found in the attic of a Queens home where a man killed himself just over two weeks ago.
Police said a call came in around 11:40 a.m. Saturday about an odor at 97-26 Van Wyck Expressway. When authorities arrived, they discovered the body in a box in the attic.
The remains were sent to the medical examiner's office. Office spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said the woman's death was a homicide, and that she died from stab wounds to the torso and neck. No identification has been released.
On July 20, the body of Devendra Autar was discovered by a relative at the home. Borakove said his death was a suicide and that the 32-year-old had hanged himself.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, suicide, stabbing, new york news
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid 22 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week 35 min ago
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- Metro North train collision to affect...
35 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid
22 min ago
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey...
23 min ago