New York News
Police: Boy accidentally drops baby out window
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 3-month-old girl is recovering after apparently falling out of a window of a Bronx housing project Tuesday night.
The incident happened on the second floor of the Edenwald Houses at 1131 East 226th Drive around 9 p.m.
Witnesses say the girl landed on a first-floor air conditioner, then bounced to the ground.
She was taken to Jacobi Medical Center, where she is listed in stable condition with a fractured skull.
Police now say that after re-interviewing the family, it was the girl's 9-year-old sibling who dropped his little sister out the window.
The boy was holding the baby at the window, trying to get his mother's attention. She was outside on the street at the time.
That's when the boy accidentally dropped the child out the window.
Two uncles and an adult woman were inside at the time. No charges have been filed.
All of the apartments of the three-story building appear to have window guards, but the girl somehow squeezed through the bars.
The Edenwald Houses is the largest NYCHA development in the Bronx with 40 buildings and 2,036 apartments.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, baby, child injured, bronx, new york news
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring 41 min ago
- Brownsville hit and run accident kills pedestrian 4 min ago
- LI man charged with shooting wife in domestic dispute 3 min ago
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
35 min ago