New York News
1 dead in Bensonhurst SUV, sanitation truck crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One person was killed when an SUV collided with a private sanitation truck in Brooklyn early Wednesday.
The vehicles collided at the intersection of 20th Avenue and 61st Street in Bensonhurst just after 2:15 a.m.
The force of the crash flipped the sanitation vehicle onto its side.
A passenger in the Jeep Cherokee was killed.
The drivers of both vehicles were taken to Lutheran Medical Center, as well as a passenger in the sanitation truck.
They were being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the SUV was taken into custody.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bensonhurst, brooklyn, accident, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
24 min ago