New York News
Luxury condos coming to iconic Woolworth Building
NEW YORK -- These apartments will cost a lot more than a dime.
The tower of the iconic Woolworth Building, one of the city's most well-known structures, is going to be transformed into luxury condominiums.
The New York Times reports that an investment group has bought the top 30 floors of the landmark building for $68 million and plans to create 40 apartments. That includes a five-floor penthouse.
A spokesman for Alchemy Properties, a developer that is part of the investment group, said the project would cost about $150 million including the purchase price. The apartments are scheduled to be completed by 2015.
The building was finished in 1913 and housed the headquarters of the Woolworth Company, which ran five-and-dime stores.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village 17 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 1 min ago
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery 2 min ago
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands 37 min ago
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony 51 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 57 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut 24 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos