New York News
Luxury condos coming to iconic Woolworth Building
NEW YORK -- These apartments will cost a lot more than a dime.
The tower of the iconic Woolworth Building, one of the city's most well-known structures, is going to be transformed into luxury condominiums.
The New York Times reports that an investment group has bought the top 30 floors of the landmark building for $68 million and plans to create 40 apartments. That includes a five-floor penthouse.
A spokesman for Alchemy Properties, a developer that is part of the investment group, said the project would cost about $150 million including the purchase price. The apartments are scheduled to be completed by 2015.
The building was finished in 1913 and housed the headquarters of the Woolworth Company, which ran five-and-dime stores.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Nekisia Davis' mom, Cheryl, stole a 1993 Honda Accord - and she didn't even mean to. 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Burlington County woman charged with trying to kill her 3...
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 23 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 20 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos