New York News
E-ZPass discounts begin for many on Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Big savings start adding up for some E-ZPass users Wednesday.
Staten Islanders who use the Port Authority crossings just three times a month will save 60 percent off the cash rate by enrolling in the residential discount plan.
The only catch is that they have to enroll in the new plan.
More than 24,000 Staten Island households are already signed up, and another 110,000 are eligible.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, tolls, port authority, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014