New York News
Elderly man killed by hit and run driver
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for the hit and run driver who struck and killed an elderly man in Brooklyn on Friday night.
The accident happened on Rockaway Parkway and Avenue J in Canarsie just before 9 Friday night.
Police say a car slammed on its brakes to avoid hitting 81-year-old Luis Ruiz.
A second car rear-ended the first, causing it to hit the victim.
The man flew through the air and struck the second car.
The driver in the first car stayed at the scene.
The second driver fled the scene. The car was described as a dark colored sedan.
So far there are no arrests.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, hit and run accident, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos