New York News
Blown tires force emergency landing at JFK
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Delta Connection flight from Boston to Kansas City made an emergency landing at Kennedy Airport with two blown tires Monday night.
Delta Flight 3285, operated by Pinnacle Airlines, took off from Boston's Logan Airport at 6:42 p.m. en route to Kansas City. During takeoff, the plane blew two tires.
The pilot initially planned to go back to Logan Airport and circled the airport several times to burn fuel. However, as a result of high winds in the area, the plane diverted to Kennedy Airport and landed safely at around 8:30 p.m.
The passengers were evacuated from the airplane on the runway and were being bused to Terminal 2.
Eyewitness News obtained pictures that show the damage to the two tires on the back right hand side of the plane.
A Delta spokesman referred all calls to Pinnacle Airlines. Pinnacle has not released a statement.
This is the second incident in recent days involving Pinnacle Airlines.
On Friday, a United Express flight, operated by Pinnacle, clipped wings with a Lufthansa jet on a taxiway at Dulles International Airport. Both planes suffered minor damage.
Pinnacle Airlines filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on April 1 of this year.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jfk international airport, delta airlines, emergency landing, new york news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 45 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire 48 min ago
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday 51 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos 32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
45 min ago
- What is it like from the pilot's seat at...
5 min ago