New York News
Blown tires force emergency landing at JFK
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Delta Connection flight from Boston to Kansas City made an emergency landing at Kennedy Airport with two blown tires Monday night.
Delta Flight 3285, operated by Pinnacle Airlines, took off from Boston's Logan Airport at 6:42 p.m. en route to Kansas City. During takeoff, the plane blew two tires.
The pilot initially planned to go back to Logan Airport and circled the airport several times to burn fuel. However, as a result of high winds in the area, the plane diverted to Kennedy Airport and landed safely at around 8:30 p.m.
The passengers were evacuated from the airplane on the runway and were being bused to Terminal 2.
Eyewitness News obtained pictures that show the damage to the two tires on the back right hand side of the plane.
A Delta spokesman referred all calls to Pinnacle Airlines. Pinnacle has not released a statement.
This is the second incident in recent days involving Pinnacle Airlines.
On Friday, a United Express flight, operated by Pinnacle, clipped wings with a Lufthansa jet on a taxiway at Dulles International Airport. Both planes suffered minor damage.
Pinnacle Airlines filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on April 1 of this year.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jfk international airport, delta airlines, emergency landing, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident 41 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 42 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- What caused fire that killed 2 4-year-old...
48 min ago
- Brooklyn man killed after parachute...
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
9 min ago
- Runners return to Boston one year after...
48 min ago