New York News
NYPD officer charged with assault after DWI
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An NYPD detective who survived a shootout while vacationing in Florida last year has been arrested for allegedly resisting arrest after being pulled over for DWI in Manhattan.
Police say Harold Thomas, 49, was arraigned Monday on assault and resisting arrest charges. The DWI charge was dropped.
Thomas was taken into custody just before 1 p.m. Monday in Washington Heights.
The 28-year veteran was off duty at the time. His lawyer said his client identified himself as a police officer and that he was confident charges against him would be dropped.
Thomas was freed without bail.
Last summer, Thomas was critically injured in the Florida incident.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, washington heights, police officer arrested, nypd, assault, new york news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 58 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 59 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 20 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 7 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos