New York News
NYPD officer charged with assault after DWI
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An NYPD detective who survived a shootout while vacationing in Florida last year has been arrested for allegedly resisting arrest after being pulled over for DWI in Manhattan.
Police say Harold Thomas, 49, was arraigned Monday on assault and resisting arrest charges. The DWI charge was dropped.
Thomas was taken into custody just before 1 p.m. Monday in Washington Heights.
The 28-year veteran was off duty at the time. His lawyer said his client identified himself as a police officer and that he was confident charges against him would be dropped.
Thomas was freed without bail.
Last summer, Thomas was critically injured in the Florida incident.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, washington heights, police officer arrested, nypd, assault, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach 16 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 35 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's hiatus 42 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
2 min ago