New York News
Thieves steal gullible man's $150,000 Maserati
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Florida man learned a tough lesson about trusting strangers in New York City after his Maserati was stolen in Times Square.
Police say 43-year-old Chadwick Lange, who had just moved to New York City, left his $150,000 car idling while he got out on West 47th Street and Broadway just before 5 a.m. Sunday.
Investigators say two men asked if they could get their picture taken inside the vehicle. When Lange agreed, one man hopped into the driver's seat and punched the gas pedal.
The accomplice fled the scene.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, times square, new york news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 28 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 47 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 49 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 5 min ago
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos