New York News
Bus headed to NYC crashes in Virginia
NEW YORK -- The driver of a tractor-trailer that hit a bus in Virginia has been charged with reckless driving.
Virginia State Police say seven people were injured. The accident occurred around 4 a.m. Tuesday on Interstate 81 in Rockingham County.
Police say a northbound tractor-trailer driven by 29-year-old Dean J. Crawford of Staunton hit a commercial passenger bus while changing lanes. Both vehicles went into the median.
The bus remained upright but the tractor-trailer blocked its door. Passengers got out through emergency side windows.
Five bus passengers were treated at a local hospital and released. The bus driver, 50-year-old Quan Guan Pan of Elmhurst, N.Y., suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries. Staunton suffered minor injuries.
State police say the bus was traveling from Tennessee to New York City.
The investigation is continuing.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Tornado touched down near Copake 32 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase 35 min ago
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer 16 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos