New York News
Boy, 15, arrested in Brooklyn playground shooting
BROOKLYN -- Police have arrested a 15-year-old Brooklyn youth in connection to a playground shooting that injured four other teens.
Authorities arrested the boy Thursday. He faces charges including attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
The incident took place Monday evening at a Brooklyn playground on Fulton Street.
A 16-year-old boy was shot in the left arm, an 18-year-old man was grazed in the lower back, a 16-year-old boy was grazed in the right arm, and a 13-year-old girl was grazed in the back.
Young people have been shot in other recent incidents. Two children were among six victims in a shooting earlier in August. In July, a 4-year-old boy was killed during a gunfight at a basketball game in the Bronx.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, shooting, brooklyn, new york news
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 43 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers