New York News
Police charge suspect in Brooklyn cab shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have charged a man in connection with a botched robbery attempt in Brooklyn in which a livery cab passenger was shot in the head.
Around 2:30 am on Saturday, in the Flatlands neighborhood, police say 19-year-old Micheal Magnan tried to hold up a livery cab stopped at a traffic light.
A passenger sitting in the back was shot in the head. He was hospitalized in critical condition.
Magnan has been charged with Attempted murder, Assault, Attempted robbery, Criminal Possession of a weapon, and Criminal mischief.
The driver of the livery cab told Eyewitness News that the suspect pulled a gun and demanded money from the driver and his two passengers.
The driver then punched the robber and took off, but the suspect shot into the car as it was fleeing the scene, hitting the 23-year old passenger.
Magnan then ran into a nearby club to try and hide. The suspect was caught when a bouncer flagged down an officer.
The man's sister, who was sitting next to him, was not hurt, and neither was the driver.
The wounded man was rushed to Kings County hospital, where he's listed in critical condition.
The driver said he had picked up the two passengers on East 56th Street for a ride to Downtown Brooklyn.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, livery cab, robbery, shooting, new york news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills 9 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos