New York News
Brooklyn UPS workers accused of delivering drugs
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two UPS workers have been busted in Brooklyn, accused of using their jobs as a front for a drug operation.
The suspects were arrested after narcotics detectives got a tip.
They say five 5-gallon buckets filled with 30 pounds of marijuana were placed onto a UPS truck in Canarsie.
The buckets were then driven to a man in a van on Farragut Road.
Police say 44-year old Ruben Jordan removed the package from the delivery truck, and placed into a Chrysler minivan being driven by 58-year old Donovan Hyde.
Hyde and the two UPS workers are charged with criminal possession of marijuana and criminal sale of marijuana.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, canarsie, brooklyn, drug bust, drug arrest, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 18 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 25 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG 11 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos