New York News
1 wounded in shooting at Bushwick bodega
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Just as community activists were working to end gun violence in New York City, shots rang out just blocks away.
The shooting occurred overnight at a bodega in Bushwick, Brooklyn after police say a fight inside spilled over into the street.
A 20-year old man is recovering at Brookdale Hospital in stable condition, after he was shot in the torso.
The neighborhood is where activists had gathered as one of ten 'hot spots' identified by the Occupy the Corners initiative.
Every weekend for the next four weeks, community leaders will be standing on street corners to deter violence.
The Rev. Al Sharpton and other leaders will occupy corners in all five boroughs for a third night on Sunday night from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, bushwick, gun violence, shooting, new york news, darla miles
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- $590M Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida 11 min ago
- Three males wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant 30 min ago
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers