New York News
Man drives car onto Manhattan sidewalk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A driver on the Upper East Side caused quite a scene Saturday night when he drove his car onto the sidewalk.
It happened on Third Avenue near 74th Street.
The driver lost control, and somehow ended up on top of a metal guard for garbage cans.
The car also hit a bicycle that was on the sidewalk.
Fortunately no one was hurt.
Police and firefighters removed the car from the sidewalk.
No word yet on what caused the driver to end up there, or whether any charges will be filed.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, upper east side, accident, new york news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 12 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 4 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 38 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos