New York News
Man drives car onto Manhattan sidewalk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A driver on the Upper East Side caused quite a scene Saturday night when he drove his car onto the sidewalk.
It happened on Third Avenue near 74th Street.
The driver lost control, and somehow ended up on top of a metal guard for garbage cans.
The car also hit a bicycle that was on the sidewalk.
Fortunately no one was hurt.
Police and firefighters removed the car from the sidewalk.
No word yet on what caused the driver to end up there, or whether any charges will be filed.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, upper east side, accident, new york news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 33 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest