New York News
Man drives car onto Manhattan sidewalk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A driver on the Upper East Side caused quite a scene Saturday night when he drove his car onto the sidewalk.
It happened on Third Avenue near 74th Street.
The driver lost control, and somehow ended up on top of a metal guard for garbage cans.
The car also hit a bicycle that was on the sidewalk.
Fortunately no one was hurt.
Police and firefighters removed the car from the sidewalk.
No word yet on what caused the driver to end up there, or whether any charges will be filed.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, upper east side, accident, new york news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Belmar reopens boardwalk destroyed by Sandy 31 min ago
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma