New York News
Unruly passenger aboard JetBlue flight in court
DENVER -- A Chicago man is accused of groping a pregnant woman and refusing to follow crew instructions on a JetBlue flight, prompting the plane to make an emergency landing in Denver.
Marcus Covington was advised in federal court Tuesday that he faces a charge of interfering with the duties of a flight crew and flight attendant.
Authorities allege the 32-year-old was intoxicated and groped the pregnant woman as he waited for the bathroom while on the Los Angeles-bound flight from New York late Sunday.
Federal prosecutors say Covington refused a flight attendant's request to stay seated, prompting the crew to ask an FBI agent on the plane to intervene. Covington sat between the agent and another passenger until the plane landed.
Covington was appointed a public defender, who declined to comment.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jetblue, jfk international airport, emergency landing, new york news
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 27 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 4 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Mom of Newtown victim recalls that painful day 9 min ago
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
27 min ago