New York News
Suspect in Brooklyn cab shooting due in court
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The man charged with trying to rob a livery cab in Brooklyn and then shooting a passenger in the head will be in court Monday.
Police say 19-year-old Michael Magnan walked up to the cab, demanded money and pulled out a gun in the Flatlands section on Saturday.
Investigators say the driver punched Magnan in the face, prompting him to open fire.
The victim, who was shot as he sat in the back seat with his sister, is now fighting for his life at Kings County Hospital. Nikita Grebelsky, 23, is listed in critical condition.
Magnan is charged with attempted murder.
Police are investigating whether Magnan may have been involved in two other incidents on Saturday, including a shooting that injured four people attending a family gathering and an altercation at a nightclub.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, livery cab, robbery, shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services 13 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire