New York News
Pedestrian fatally struck in Bronx hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was fatally struck by a truck in a hit and run in the Wakefield section of the Bronx early Tuesday.
Police say the pedestrian was struck by a white delivery truck, which did not stop, around 4:30 a.m.
The vehicle sustained front end damage and was last seen on East 233rd Street near White Plains Road.
The pedestrian, identified as 26-year-old Jermaine Elliot, was pronounced dead shortly after the crash.
Police and highway units were on the scene conducting an investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, wakefield, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 23 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 23 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 12 min ago