New York News
Pedestrian fatally struck in Bronx hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was fatally struck by a truck in a hit and run in the Wakefield section of the Bronx early Tuesday.
Police say the pedestrian was struck by a white delivery truck, which did not stop, around 4:30 a.m.
The vehicle sustained front end damage and was last seen on East 233rd Street near White Plains Road.
The pedestrian, identified as 26-year-old Jermaine Elliot, was pronounced dead shortly after the crash.
Police and highway units were on the scene conducting an investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, wakefield, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 21 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 24 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining 49 min ago
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 44 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Hospital warns of possible blood...
26 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
9 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
21 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos