New York News
Medical Examiner's Office gives couple wrong remains
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Brooklyn couple is returning to Poland Tuesday with the body of their stillborn son months after a mixup led to the burial of the wrong child.
Justyna and Rafal Sliwa thought they'd laid their baby to rest in Poland in June.
But then New York City's Medical Examiner's Office told them they'd been given the wrong remains.
Justyna was five months pregnant when the couple found out their child had no heartbeat, and doctors later induced labor.
The New York Post is reporting that last week, they received their son. And now, they are returning to their family's burial plot.
The Sliwas reportedly have no idea what baby they buried and prayed over, who they now need to exhume and return to the United States.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos