New York News
Human remains found at LaGuardia Airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Human skeletal remains were discovered on the grounds of LaGuardia Airport Monday night.
The bones were found by Port Authority maintenance workers in a secure area of the airport around 6:20 p.m.
The workers were removing high weeds that obscure the sightlines when they made the discovery.
The remains had to be removed before high tide came in.
The area is on the shore line of Flushing Bay, where there is no public access.
The Medical Examiner's office removed the skeletal remains and took them to a lab for analysis.
Port Authority investigators will look into missing persons in the area as they try to determine the identity.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation