New York News
Human remains found at LaGuardia Airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Human skeletal remains were discovered on the grounds of LaGuardia Airport Monday night.
The bones were found by Port Authority maintenance workers in a secure area of the airport around 6:20 p.m.
The workers were removing high weeds that obscure the sightlines when they made the discovery.
The remains had to be removed before high tide came in.
The area is on the shore line of Flushing Bay, where there is no public access.
The Medical Examiner's office removed the skeletal remains and took them to a lab for analysis.
Port Authority investigators will look into missing persons in the area as they try to determine the identity.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 50 min ago
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
50 min ago