New York News
Human remains found at LaGuardia Airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Human skeletal remains were discovered on the grounds of LaGuardia Airport Monday night.
The bones were found by Port Authority maintenance workers in a secure area of the airport around 6:20 p.m.
The workers were removing high weeds that obscure the sightlines when they made the discovery.
The remains had to be removed before high tide came in.
The area is on the shore line of Flushing Bay, where there is no public access.
The Medical Examiner's office removed the skeletal remains and took them to a lab for analysis.
Port Authority investigators will look into missing persons in the area as they try to determine the identity.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 57 min ago
- Ramarley Graham's parents to join rally in Harlem 50 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos