New York News
Peacock spotted roaming around Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens neighborhood has a new resident as a peacock has been on the loose in Kew Gardens for more than a week.
While it's been hanging around and posing for photos, not everyone is welcoming the new neighbor.
After spending hours tracking it through the neighborhood around Jewel avenue and Main street, Eyewitness News' Tim Fleischer found the peacock with its stunning plumage, perched on this garage partially hidden among the tree branches as they will do to hide from predators.
If anything it has found many concerned friends, who have called 311.
Various city residents all like Jackie Herman determined to see it rescued.
"I was afraid it was going to get killed. It was walking in the curb alongside Jewel avenue, heading into traffic and I was just couldn't stand the thought of it getting hit," she said.
Residents first spotted it 10 days ago and the NYPD has received a few calls.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma