New York News
Peacock spotted roaming around Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens neighborhood has a new resident as a peacock has been on the loose in Kew Gardens for more than a week.
While it's been hanging around and posing for photos, not everyone is welcoming the new neighbor.
After spending hours tracking it through the neighborhood around Jewel avenue and Main street, Eyewitness News' Tim Fleischer found the peacock with its stunning plumage, perched on this garage partially hidden among the tree branches as they will do to hide from predators.
If anything it has found many concerned friends, who have called 311.
Various city residents all like Jackie Herman determined to see it rescued.
"I was afraid it was going to get killed. It was walking in the curb alongside Jewel avenue, heading into traffic and I was just couldn't stand the thought of it getting hit," she said.
Residents first spotted it 10 days ago and the NYPD has received a few calls.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 31 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
10 min ago