New York News
3 million bees seized in Queens 'sting' operation
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a big buzz Wednesday in Queens, where nearly three million bees were seized from a beekeeper.
Authorities say 58-year-old Yi Gin Chen started with one hive two years ago, but that grew to 45 hives and the millions of bees.
Beekeepers descended on the house in Corona Thursday night to collect the hives that packed the driveway and backyard.
The president of the New York City Beeekeepers Association claims that Chen ignored all the rules of urban beekeeping.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, corona, new york news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half 5 min ago
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown 11 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos