New York News
3 million bees seized in Queens 'sting' operation
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a big buzz Wednesday in Queens, where nearly three million bees were seized from a beekeeper.
Authorities say 58-year-old Yi Gin Chen started with one hive two years ago, but that grew to 45 hives and the millions of bees.
Beekeepers descended on the house in Corona Thursday night to collect the hives that packed the driveway and backyard.
The president of the New York City Beeekeepers Association claims that Chen ignored all the rules of urban beekeeping.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, corona, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 36 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 7 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform 21 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
7 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
8 min ago