New York News
3 million bees seized in Queens 'sting' operation
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a big buzz Wednesday in Queens, where nearly three million bees were seized from a beekeeper.
Authorities say 58-year-old Yi Gin Chen started with one hive two years ago, but that grew to 45 hives and the millions of bees.
Beekeepers descended on the house in Corona Thursday night to collect the hives that packed the driveway and backyard.
The president of the New York City Beeekeepers Association claims that Chen ignored all the rules of urban beekeeping.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, corona, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ 20 min ago
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Suffolk County parents getting free alcohol test kits 34 min ago
- NJ couple arraigned on animal cruelty charges 42 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 51 people confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and muggy, T-storm possible
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos