New York News
Pedestrian killed along Grand Central Parkway
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man walking along the Grand Central Parkway in Queens was struck and killed by a car.
Police say the victim was walking along the westbound side near Exit 115 just before 11 o'clock Friday night when he was struck by a passing vehicle.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver who hit him stayed at the accident site.
No charges have been filed.
The victim's name has not been released.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, grand central parkway, queens, accidental death, new york news
- At least 1 dead, 15 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 16 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25