New York News
Suspect ID'ed in teen's murder
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- NYPD has identified a suspect wanted for the murder of a 13-year-old boy in Brooklyn.
The boy was shot in the back shortly after midnight on Friday morning. He was pronounced dead a short time later at Brookdale Hospital.
The victim was identified as Ronald Wallace of Brooklyn.
Police are looking for Akbar Johns, 17, in connection with the homicide. They have released a photo of Johns.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, crime, murder, new york news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident