New York News
Pedestrian struck near Times Square
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A pedestrian was struck by a taxi cab in a crash that closed West 42nd Street between Eighth and Ninth avenues Tuesday morning.
The victim was struck just before 5:30 a.m.
He was taken to Bellevue Hospital in stable condition.
The taxi driver stopped at the scene. No charges were immediately filed.
Police closed West 42nd Street between Eighth and Ninth avenues for much of the morning commute.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, times square, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 58 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 41 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos