New York News
Boy killed by table in freak accident at Bronx bank
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A freak accident killed a 4-year-old boy inside a bank in the Bronx Monday night.
The victim was with a relative at an Apple Bank on East 161st Street and River Avenue in Concourse Village when a table fell on him.
The incident happened at 8 p.m., after the bank closed.
The child was rushed to Lincoln Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No criminality is suspected, but police are investigating what happened.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, child killed, new york news
- AccuWeather Alert: Storm, flash flood warnings 14 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 27 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- AccuWeather Alert: Storm, flash flood...
14 min ago