New York News
Columbia University student dies in dorm plunge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 18-year-old student at Columbia University is dead after she jumped or fell from the 10th floor of a dorm at the upper Manhattan campus.
Martha Corey-Ochoa was pronounced dead after she was found on West 114th Street late Monday. The New York City medical examiner's office will determine whether the death was a suicide or an accident.
Corey-Ochoa was to have started her freshman year at Columbia. The Columbia Spectator said she was valedictorian of her class at Dobbs Ferry High School in Westchester County and was planning to double major in English and math.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 45 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 45 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 36 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 36 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
29 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building...
45 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
36 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos