New York News
Columbia University student dies in dorm plunge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 18-year-old student at Columbia University is dead after she jumped or fell from the 10th floor of a dorm at the upper Manhattan campus.
Martha Corey-Ochoa was pronounced dead after she was found on West 114th Street late Monday. The New York City medical examiner's office will determine whether the death was a suicide or an accident.
Corey-Ochoa was to have started her freshman year at Columbia. The Columbia Spectator said she was valedictorian of her class at Dobbs Ferry High School in Westchester County and was planning to double major in English and math.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 17 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 26 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 34 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
13 min ago