New York News
Funeral held for Midtown shooting victim
WHITE PLAINS -- Hundreds of mourners filled a New York church for the funeral of a man shot to death by a former co-worker outside the Empire State Building.
Steven Ercolino's relatives say he was a warm and witty member of a tight-knit family.
His sister, Maria Rashford, delivered the eulogy during the Wednesday morning service at Our Lady of Sorrows Parish in White Plains.
She says her brother's death on Friday left "a hole in the family."
Police say the 41-year-old was killed by a former co-worker who blamed him for being laid off last year.
The gunman, Jeffrey Johnson, was killed by police moments later after he pointed his gun at two officers.
Nine bystanders were wounded by stray police bullets when the officers opened fire.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, empire state building, crime, shooting, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance 29 min ago
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade