New York News
Street vendor shot near Yankee Stadium dies
NEW YORK -- One of two street vendors shot during a dispute near Yankee Stadium in the Bronx has died.
Clarence Pearson was shot in the abdomen last Thursday.
According to published reports, the medical examiner said he died on Saturday.
The alleged shooter, Horace Coleman, is due in court on Sept. 25. He's expected to be charged with murder.
Coleman's lawyer said his client will be vindicated.
The other street vendor, Douglas Watkins, was wounded.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, shooting, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multiple people injured in Toms River bus accident 58 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 6 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 28 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 21 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
6 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
16 min ago