New York News
Man assaulted near ferry terminal, then run over by cop
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man badly beaten outside the Staten Island Ferry Terminal was then unintentionally run over by an off-duty NYPD officer.
Police say the 33-year-old victim was assaulted by two men on Richmond Terrace around 2:35 a.m. Thursday.
The suspects fled the scene in a taxi, leaving the victim lying in the street in front of the ferry terminal.
He was then accidentally run over by a passing black Ford Explorer driven by the off-duty cop. The driver, who did not see the victim lying in the street, stopped and called police.
The victim was rushed to Richmond University Medical Center in serious but stable condition.
The driver of the SUV was talking to investigators.
The two suspects in the initial assault have not been caught.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, assault, pedestrian struck, new york news
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day 7 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- UK: Victim in London attack was serving soldier
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner to court voters in Harlem Thursday
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
7 min ago