New York News
Woman caught in crossfire in Flatbush
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating yet another deadly shooting in Brooklyn Friday. This time, a young mother was caught in the crossfire and killed in Flatbush.
Three others were hurt, and police say some of the victims were not the intended target.
The shooting happened just after 9 p.m. Thursday at 40 Clarkson Avenue, near Flatbush Avenue, in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens.
Police say the 28-year-old woman, identified as Fatima Gordon, was taken to Kings County Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The incident happened just two days before her 29th birthday.
A relative and friend of the victims say she was an innocent bystander who got caught in the shooting on her way home from the corner store with her son.
She was pleasant, she was sweet, always say hello and I'm still in shock," friend Red Andrews said. "I can't believe it. I gotta really get this, I'm going to the hospital to see her mom now, because I know she's going to be a disaster."
A 13-year-old boy was grazed in the back, a 29-year-old male was grazed in the torso and a 26-year-old male was shot in the right arm and buttocks.
All are in stable condition.
It was not immediately clear what caused the shooting. There have been no arrests.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, flatbush, shooting, new york news, anthony johnson
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 57 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 2 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 24 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos