New York News
Woman caught in crossfire in Flatbush
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating yet another deadly shooting in Brooklyn Friday. This time, a young mother was caught in the crossfire and killed in Flatbush.
Three others were hurt, and police say some of the victims were not the intended target.
The shooting happened just after 9 p.m. Thursday at 40 Clarkson Avenue, near Flatbush Avenue, in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens.
Police say the 28-year-old woman, identified as Fatima Gordon, was taken to Kings County Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The incident happened just two days before her 29th birthday.
A relative and friend of the victims say she was an innocent bystander who got caught in the shooting on her way home from the corner store with her son.
She was pleasant, she was sweet, always say hello and I'm still in shock," friend Red Andrews said. "I can't believe it. I gotta really get this, I'm going to the hospital to see her mom now, because I know she's going to be a disaster."
A 13-year-old boy was grazed in the back, a 29-year-old male was grazed in the torso and a 26-year-old male was shot in the right arm and buttocks.
All are in stable condition.
It was not immediately clear what caused the shooting. There have been no arrests.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, flatbush, shooting, new york news, anthony johnson
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer 57 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 48 min ago
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 36 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32 43 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
7 min ago