New York News
Staten Island getting select bus service
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Select bus service comes to Staten Island, starting this Sunday.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other government officials announced the new and hopefully faster service Thursday.
The S79 will travel from the Staten Island Mall to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
It runs on a dedicated lane on Richmond Avenue and Hylan Boulevard and makes just 22 stops.
Unlike the city's three other select bus service routes, riders will not pay before they board.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, bus, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos