New York News
Staten Island getting select bus service
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Select bus service comes to Staten Island, starting this Sunday.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other government officials announced the new and hopefully faster service Thursday.
The S79 will travel from the Staten Island Mall to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
It runs on a dedicated lane on Richmond Avenue and Hylan Boulevard and makes just 22 stops.
Unlike the city's three other select bus service routes, riders will not pay before they board.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, bus, new york news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case 12 min ago
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line 44 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
46 min ago