New York News
Restaurants to charge more for premium dining?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some people pay a little extra to be the first to board a flight or fork out extra for a hotel room over a holiday weekend. But when it comes to restaurants, are you ready to pay a premium?
It's already happening at fine dining establishments in the New York City area and it could be coming to an eatery near you.
According to a New York Times report, restaurants are catching up with the rest of the hospitality industry when it comes to variable pricing.
Technology is helping pave the way.
You can book online reservations for 1,000 restaurants on Savored.com, but you only get discounts for off-peak dining. And it some cases, that might mean dinner at 11 p.m.
Weeknight or early-bird diners can more often get a deal, and it helps restaurants fill up when they might otherwise have empty tables.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Investigation after police shoot suspect in Conn.
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 51 min ago
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile