New York News
Police pursuit ends in wrong-way crash
BRONX (WABC) -- Eight people, including 2 police officers, have suffered minor injuries in a wrong-way accident that followed a police pursuit on the southbound Major Deegan Expressway in the Bronx.
NewCopter 7 was over the scene in Mott Haven where police were chasing a vehicle on the Major Deegan Expressway.
Investigators say the driver of the vehicle hit a truck, was spun around and began driving the wrong way.
Witnesses say it began near the RFK/Triboro Bridge when officers in an unmarked police cruiser apparently ordered the driver to pull over.
Eight motorists were struck by or collided with the suspect as he was being chased.
The 18 year-old suspect was arrested without a scratch after the stolen car was cut-off and trapped by two police cruisers.
Two police officers were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The six civilians who were hurt also suffered minor injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, major deegan expressway, accident, police chase, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 21 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 32 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos