New York News
School bus hits MTA bus, other vehicles in Queens
CORONA (WABC) -- An out of control school bus struck several vehicles and a MTA city bus causing numerous injuries in the Corona section of Queens, officials said.
The crash happened shortly after 3:20 p.m. at 108th street and Horace Harding Expressway in the Corona section of Queens.
Authorities said a school bus travelling southbound on 108th Street in Queens struck a number of vehicles and then the right side of a Q23 bus travelling northbound on 108th Street.
The school bus then hit an embankment and, officials said, the driver attempted to flee the scene. Police stopped the school bus 2 blocks away.
No students were on the school bus.
A black SUV was also involved in the accident.
The injured included the driver of the SUV and passengers on the Q23 bus. Four people were listed in serious but stable condition and a dozen are listed in stable condition at Forest Hill Hospital.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, corona, accident, new york news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 8 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77 7 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
8 min ago