New York News
Con Ed proposes dual rate hike on electricity, gas
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Con Edison customers, prepare for a double shock to your wallets.
The utility is planning to ask new York's Public Service Commission to increase its electric and natural gas rates at the same time.
Both rate hikes, if approved, would hit in November of next year.
Con Ed delayed plans to file for an electric rate increase that would have taken effect next April.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, con ed, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Video: Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area 44 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Mega Millions hits $400M jackpot 30 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 7 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area
44 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
49 min ago