New York News
Restaurant reservation website offers off-peak pricing
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's as simple as supply and demand. But it's an idea that's putting a whole new spin on eating out.
Ben Mckean is 26, and is co-founder and CEO of Savored, a restaurant reservation website that's built on a simple fact of life: time is money.
Like airlines, Savored offers cheaper meals for off-peak hours.
So a table at 9:30 on a Tuesday night at New York's famed 21 Club would cost customers 30 percent less than one for Saturday at 8 pm.
Considering the quality of the restaurant where dinner for two easily costs more than $150, that's huge.
But on the flip side, are customers really okay with the idea of paying more for peak dinner times once they know they can get it for less?
Peter Esmond, director of operations at rouge Tomate, says yes.
And with the amount of money this idea is bringing in so far, it's likely it's here to stay.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, restaurant, dining, new york news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 36 min ago
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 55 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million