New York News
Restaurant reservation website offers off-peak pricing
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's as simple as supply and demand. But it's an idea that's putting a whole new spin on eating out.
Ben Mckean is 26, and is co-founder and CEO of Savored, a restaurant reservation website that's built on a simple fact of life: time is money.
Like airlines, Savored offers cheaper meals for off-peak hours.
So a table at 9:30 on a Tuesday night at New York's famed 21 Club would cost customers 30 percent less than one for Saturday at 8 pm.
Considering the quality of the restaurant where dinner for two easily costs more than $150, that's huge.
But on the flip side, are customers really okay with the idea of paying more for peak dinner times once they know they can get it for less?
Peter Esmond, director of operations at rouge Tomate, says yes.
And with the amount of money this idea is bringing in so far, it's likely it's here to stay.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, restaurant, dining, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 4 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 7 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos