New York News
Couple sues Hooters over racial slur on receipt
FRESH MEADOWS, Queens -- A Korean immigrant has sued a Hooters restaurant in Queens for racial discrimination after discovering an ethnic slur on his food receipt.
According to the lawsuit filed by Kisuk Cha, the computer receipt he and his girlfriend received for a July 1 takeout order contained the slur "Chinx."
The suit was filed Monday in Brooklyn federal court.
Cha's attorney, Daniel Baek, said his client was shocked and threw away the food when he got home.
A lawyer for the restaurant franchise said the food server whose name appeared on the receipt was cleared after a hostess admitted she wrote the ethnic slur.
Edward McCabe said the hostess has apologized and resigned.
The suit names Hooters of America, the owners of the Queens franchise and the two workers.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 13 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 41 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings 9 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 7 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos