New York News
Search for family of construction worker killed
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The victim killed in the partial building collapse in Brooklyn has been identified, but authorities are having trouble finding a relative to notify the family about his death.
67-year-old Winston Gillett, a Jamaican immigrant, was killed Monday after falling 35-feet at a construction site in Fort Greene.
Mr. Gillett's last known address was on Irving Avenue in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn.
"I urge anyone who recognizes Mr. Gillett to come forward so that we can provide closure to his family at this tragic time." said Council Member Letitia James.
Any individual who recognizes Mr. Gillett, and is in contact with his relatives, should reach out to the Office of Council Member Letitia James at (212) 788-7081 immediately.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, fort greene, building collapse, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 54 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 47 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park