New York News
Search for family of construction worker killed
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The victim killed in the partial building collapse in Brooklyn has been identified, but authorities are having trouble finding a relative to notify the family about his death.
67-year-old Winston Gillett, a Jamaican immigrant, was killed Monday after falling 35-feet at a construction site in Fort Greene.
Mr. Gillett's last known address was on Irving Avenue in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn.
"I urge anyone who recognizes Mr. Gillett to come forward so that we can provide closure to his family at this tragic time." said Council Member Letitia James.
Any individual who recognizes Mr. Gillett, and is in contact with his relatives, should reach out to the Office of Council Member Letitia James at (212) 788-7081 immediately.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, fort greene, building collapse, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
46 min ago