New York News
Video released of Fashion's Night Out riot
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are reviewing video of a wild riot taken during Fashion's Night Out in Greenwich Village.
Two men are wanted for inciting the crazy scene, in which they trashed an Audi while the helpless driver watched from inside the car.
It happened at the intersection of Bleecker Street and Broadway around 11 p.m. on September 6.
It turned into complete mob rule, as the crowd grew out of control. It started with an argument after one of the suspects, riding a bicycle, accused the driver of getting too close to him.
Several people began jumping on the car, pounding the windows and kicking, eventually breaking the windshield.
Police say there were two main culprits - the cyclist and the man seen above, sitting on the car.
No one was seriously injured, but the Audi was severely damaged.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, fashion week, riots, new york news, anthony johnson
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire 27 min ago
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 21 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 14 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park