New York News
Video released of Fashion's Night Out riot
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are reviewing video of a wild riot taken during Fashion's Night Out in Greenwich Village.
Two men are wanted for inciting the crazy scene, in which they trashed an Audi while the helpless driver watched from inside the car.
It happened at the intersection of Bleecker Street and Broadway around 11 p.m. on September 6.
It turned into complete mob rule, as the crowd grew out of control. It started with an argument after one of the suspects, riding a bicycle, accused the driver of getting too close to him.
Several people began jumping on the car, pounding the windows and kicking, eventually breaking the windshield.
Police say there were two main culprits - the cyclist and the man seen above, sitting on the car.
No one was seriously injured, but the Audi was severely damaged.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, fashion week, riots, new york news, anthony johnson
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting 19 min ago
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- Man dies after car overturns into Huntington Harbor 16 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers