New York News
Video released of Fashion's Night Out riot
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are reviewing video of a wild riot taken during Fashion's Night Out in Greenwich Village.
Two men are wanted for inciting the crazy scene, in which they trashed an Audi while the helpless driver watched from inside the car.
It happened at the intersection of Bleecker Street and Broadway around 11 p.m. on September 6.
It turned into complete mob rule, as the crowd grew out of control. It started with an argument after one of the suspects, riding a bicycle, accused the driver of getting too close to him.
Several people began jumping on the car, pounding the windows and kicking, eventually breaking the windshield.
Police say there were two main culprits - the cyclist and the man seen above, sitting on the car.
No one was seriously injured, but the Audi was severely damaged.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, fashion week, riots, new york news, anthony johnson
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway