New York News
Suspected serial arsonist arrested
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A suspected serial arsonist is now behind bars.
That includes a blaze inside a Laundromat in Flushing that destroyed three businesses and six apartments last month. 19 firefighters were also injured.
Police say Dinh's spree also included trash cans, dumpsters, and cars.
"Arson is a callous crime that shows total disregard for the lives and property of those it impacts," said Fire Commissioner Salvatore J. Cassano. "I commend our Fire Marshals in the Bureau of Fire Investigation for their tireless efforts to apprehend this individual whose actions have endangered the lives of New York City residents, injured many Firefighters, and caused a tremendous amount of property damage."
In each instance, Dinh allegedly lit rubbish and other combustible material to start the fires.
He is charged with multiple counts of arson, reckless endangerment, and burglary.
Dinh has 45 prior arrests for many crimes including burglary, property damage, and criminal mischief.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, queens, arson, arrest, new york news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 16 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 16 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 50 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos