New York News
Suspected serial arsonist arrested
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A suspected serial arsonist is now behind bars.
That includes a blaze inside a Laundromat in Flushing that destroyed three businesses and six apartments last month. 19 firefighters were also injured.
Police say Dinh's spree also included trash cans, dumpsters, and cars.
"Arson is a callous crime that shows total disregard for the lives and property of those it impacts," said Fire Commissioner Salvatore J. Cassano. "I commend our Fire Marshals in the Bureau of Fire Investigation for their tireless efforts to apprehend this individual whose actions have endangered the lives of New York City residents, injured many Firefighters, and caused a tremendous amount of property damage."
In each instance, Dinh allegedly lit rubbish and other combustible material to start the fires.
He is charged with multiple counts of arson, reckless endangerment, and burglary.
Dinh has 45 prior arrests for many crimes including burglary, property damage, and criminal mischief.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, queens, arson, arrest, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 33 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 46 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 43 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win