New York News
Suspect arrested in rape of Occupy protester
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City police say a man suspected of raping a woman he met at Occupy Wall Street demonstrations has turned himself in - and now is also accused of raping a 14-year-old girl.
Jackie Barcliff was arrested Friday. Police say he's is homeless. It's unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Police say the 56-year-old woman was in Manhattan this week for the Occupy demonstrations' one-year anniversary.
Police say she recognized the 44-year-old Barcliff from other Occupy gatherings. They say he made her go to an elevated park at Pier 15 Monday, raped her and hurled her over a second-story railing.
The woman suffered a broken pelvis and other serious injuries.
An Occupy press liaison says it's a terrible incident that should be investigated thoroughly and handled fairly.
Police say Barcliff raped the 14-year-old girl Aug. 12, after offering her a place to stay for the night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, arrest, rape, occupy wall street, new york news, marcus solis
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos