New York News
Motorcyclist killed after pinned between bus, taxi
HARLEM (WABC) -- A motorcyclist was killed when he became trapped between a sightseeing bus and a taxi in Manhattan.
Police say the cab collided with the motorcycle at 125th Street and Lenox Avenue in Harlem, sending the bike into the bus carrying tourists.
A group of Marines standing nearby came to the man's aid until EMS workers arrived on the scene.
He died at the hospital.
The victim has been identified as 53-year old Juan Velez of Mount Vernon.
Tourists on the bus were shaken up by the incident.
No one on the bus was hurt.
Police are still investigating the cause of the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, taxi, bus, new york news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 23 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at...
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos