New York News
Motorcyclist killed after pinned between bus, taxi
HARLEM (WABC) -- A motorcyclist was killed when he became trapped between a sightseeing bus and a taxi in Manhattan.
Police say the cab collided with the motorcycle at 125th Street and Lenox Avenue in Harlem, sending the bike into the bus carrying tourists.
A group of Marines standing nearby came to the man's aid until EMS workers arrived on the scene.
He died at the hospital.
The victim has been identified as 53-year old Juan Velez of Mount Vernon.
Tourists on the bus were shaken up by the incident.
No one on the bus was hurt.
Police are still investigating the cause of the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, taxi, bus, new york news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos