New York News
Airport shuttle bus hit by car in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Five people in a shuttle bus were injured Sunday morning when they were hit by the driver of a Mercedes Benz in a midtown Manhattan collision.
Police said the incident happened around 5 a.m.
The bus had been traveling along 50th Street when it was hit by the Mercedes going north on Sixth Avenue, in the vicinity of Radio City Music Hall.
Police said the bus driver and the four passengers were taken to area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries, including a fractured skull and neck and back injuries.
The driver of the Mercedes was taken into custody on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
Witnesses said the Mercedes may have been drag racing and police say the vehicle ran a red light before colliding with the van.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE PHOTOS FROM THE ACCIDENT http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/gallery?section=news&id=8812515&photo=1
<!--NOTHING BELOW HERE-->
<center>Get Eyewitness News Delivered</center>
new york city, midtown, manhattan, accident, new york news, darla miles
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos