New York News
Airport shuttle bus hit by car in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Five people in a shuttle bus were injured Sunday morning when they were hit by the driver of a Mercedes Benz in a midtown Manhattan collision.
Police said the incident happened around 5 a.m.
The bus had been traveling along 50th Street when it was hit by the Mercedes going north on Sixth Avenue, in the vicinity of Radio City Music Hall.
Police said the bus driver and the four passengers were taken to area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries, including a fractured skull and neck and back injuries.
The driver of the Mercedes was taken into custody on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
Witnesses said the Mercedes may have been drag racing and police say the vehicle ran a red light before colliding with the van.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE PHOTOS FROM THE ACCIDENT http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/gallery?section=news&id=8812515&photo=1
<!--NOTHING BELOW HERE-->
<center>Get Eyewitness News Delivered</center>
new york city, midtown, manhattan, accident, new york news, darla miles
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn 1 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 11 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos