New York News
Airport shuttle bus hit by car in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Five people in a shuttle bus were injured Sunday morning when they were hit by the driver of a Mercedes Benz in a midtown Manhattan collision.
Police said the incident happened around 5 a.m.
The bus had been traveling along 50th Street when it was hit by the Mercedes going north on Sixth Avenue, in the vicinity of Radio City Music Hall.
Police said the bus driver and the four passengers were taken to area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries, including a fractured skull and neck and back injuries.
The driver of the Mercedes was taken into custody on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
Witnesses said the Mercedes may have been drag racing and police say the vehicle ran a red light before colliding with the van.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE PHOTOS FROM THE ACCIDENT http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/gallery?section=news&id=8812515&photo=1
<!--NOTHING BELOW HERE-->
<center>Get Eyewitness News Delivered</center>
new york city, midtown, manhattan, accident, new york news, darla miles
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97