New York News
Holocaust survivor killed in Brooklyn accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Holocaust survivor died while attempting to cross the street in Brooklyn.
Police in Williamsburg say a driver who was parking his car on Clymer Street just before 10 o'clock Saturday night backed into two women who were crossing the street between two cars.
A woman in her 80's, identified as Gitzella Katz, was pronounced dead at Bellevue Hospital.
The unidentified 68-year old woman who was also hit survived.
No charges are filed against the 26-year old driver.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, accident, new york news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 7 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
40 min ago