New York News
Holocaust survivor killed in Brooklyn accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Holocaust survivor died while attempting to cross the street in Brooklyn.
Police in Williamsburg say a driver who was parking his car on Clymer Street just before 10 o'clock Saturday night backed into two women who were crossing the street between two cars.
A woman in her 80's, identified as Gitzella Katz, was pronounced dead at Bellevue Hospital.
The unidentified 68-year old woman who was also hit survived.
No charges are filed against the 26-year old driver.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, accident, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Police investiate possible bias attack on Broadway
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One 32 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department